We are being asked constantly for an update on the project. All the requests for information only confirms to me my negligence in posting to this blog isn't imagined. We have been insanely busy wrapping this conversion part of the project up rapidly so that we can get on with the travel element of our journey. So.... I am taking pause from my enormous to-do list, right now, to give a status update for the Serenity Bus Project.
Goodness, where to start, so much is happening even as I type and even more has happened over the last few months.... I think the easy way to do this update is in a list format, so here we go.
1) We are starting a podcast for the Serenity Project!! Thats right.. we are excited to begin work on it just as soon as we depart on our travels (in the next couple weeks). A link to the teaser intro is in the blog post below this one.
2) The bus, is a few servicing appointments away from completion! Well sort of. We are getting new tires installed and a new hitch fabricated this week. Next week we are having an International commercial truck dealer service Serenity to give her a clean bill of health. I have a 150 gallon fresh water tank being custom built for us and it'll be ready the following week. All the hookups are already in place and it should just be plug in and go. In the meantime, I am wrapping up the wood ceiling and isle lighting as seen in the picture below. I need to put in two closets which should take two days. After that I need to hang a few curtain rods and we are done done done with construction! It's been over a year and a half process and we are so ready to be done with the build.
3) We just completed our first book!! We are super excited. It is being copywrited now and will be available in E-book format for download very soon. It's 99 pages and is written as an aid for those considering purchasing a bus. It covers the do's and don'ts, gives valuable insight and resources, and will be a very helpful tool to skoolie newcomers and veterans alike. More info to come.
4) Our new website is in development. The awesome couple at Lil's Design are building us a beautiful bespoke website and we can't wait to launch it! More to come. Spoiler... it'll have a voting mechanism allowing our followers to vote on our next destination.. You'll decide. It's going to be great.
5) We have apparel we will be selling from our new website just in time for the chilly season. Beanie hats and long sleeve shirts to start, with our branding on them of course.
6) We have a new radio interview and a guest appearance on a new podcast program coming in the next month. We will post links when they are available.
7) Our first destination has been chosen. SAVANNAH, GA. Some of our best friends are hosting us for a couple weeks while we give the bus some touch up paint in and out. The painting is in preparation for our grand reveal of the bus and the corresponding YouTube video.
8) We have a photoshoot in Reliance, TN coming up in the next couple weeks. We will upload those pictures as soon as they are available.
That's about it on the updates for now. Please continue to remember us in your thoughts and prayers and a big thank you to those that have donated to our project (using the donate buttons --> ). Both have been tremendously appreciated. Please reach out with any questions about our project. We love getting feedback. Also, we are always considering new collaboration opportunities. Please contact us for any mutual marketing ideas you may have.
Thank you all for your love and support, it means everything. Be blessed.
All our love,
-The Serenity Bus Crew